Thursday 19 April 2012

book binding//sketchbook


As part of an ongoing brief i wanted to find a new way to bind booklets together instead of doing the good old saddle-stitching, so i found this technique online. After doing a practice run and getting the right materials/thread to do the binding, i decided to make myself a sketchbook, which in turn turned out very well. I love the finish that this binding has on the booklet, i can see myself using this technique all the time now. It was very enjoyable to do, especially the hand craft feel to it, which is everything i love within graphic design myself. 









As you can see the binding has worked really well and held the book together, on this occasion i think i was trying to bind together too many pieces of paper because right near the end my needle broke, but i still manage to finish the binding off.

No comments:

Post a Comment