Thursday 4 April 2013

OUGD502 // Personal Branding // Logo

A couple of months ago i designed myself a logo to start branding myself, this was initially to start of my personal branding and i was going to do more with it and develop it further, but other things came in the way.


This was the initial logo that i designed and the one i have been using at the minute. The idea behind the logo is that it is my initials but the way in which i have created the B it also makes a 3, which is to represent the 3 main areas of design that I cover in my practice. I have used the areas of design as publishing, branding and illustration - the illustration i mean is like the vinyl sleeves, i would class that as illustration. But i dont know weather to print in there? or does print i.e. posters and other sort of print come under publishing?


I have recently updated the logo to this. Here i have used the same design for the initials, as i like that and think the idea behind it works well for my own practice. 
I decided to use the orange colour, because it is bright and vibrant and eye catching when you first see it, but also orange is a power color. It is one of the healing colors. It is said to increase the craving for food. It also stimulates enthusiasm and creativity. Orange means vitality with endurance.
The design works better being in the circle and being round, it can be applied to other areas of designs and used within work to put my own branding on easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment