Thursday 4 April 2013

OUGD502 // Personal Branding // Portfolio

After going and visiting a studio in my local area, I asked them about doing a placement and they agreed to a 2 week placement, but they wanted to see my work. They asked if i could email over some examples of the type of work I do within my own practice.

In order to do this i put together a pdf with some of the best work i have do so far. I included 10 projects within the portfolio, the majority of the work came from the responsive module.

I have designed the portfolio to A4 scale and landscape, this is because it fits the size of a screen the best and having it landscape works with the images better.

Every page is split into 4 columns to work with for the content. 
Every page also has my logo in the top left corner. 

As you can see here the content and the images all fit to the columns. The information displayed on the page, it brief but explains the project - title, type of design involved, brief explanation of the project. 

Front cover of the portfolio - This includes my name and email adress, with my course details. The logo is the main part of the front cover, having it over sized on the page makes it more focussed on the initials and showing that branding of the portfolio. This also makes it bold and eye catching. 


The back cover displays the same information again with my logo, but a smaller version of the logo. Aligning this to the left keeps everything uniformed and makes it fit in with the design of the project pages. Having this at the end, it gives the viewer a lasting impressiona and makes them remember the branding and contact details for me. 


FULL PORTFOLIO





This is the PDF version of the portfolio, i will use this for studios that are abroad and which i cant send a printed version of the portfolio to. 
I am going to reproduce this into a printed version which will be A5 in size and each project will be displayed on a separate piece. This will be double sided, the first side will show images of the project, with the back having the information about it. 
This will have a bellyband to attach them all together and i will do a wrap around cover for the front. This will be posted in a matt black bubble bag to both protect the portfolio and to keep inline with my personal branding colours - orange, black, white. These will be used throughout the porfolio too.   

No comments:

Post a Comment