Thursday 22 May 2014

OUGD602 // Module Evaluation

 1. What skills have you developed though this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

PPP has been a great module in which I learnt about myself as a designer. The skills that I have learn the most are within working with other people and ways to get myself known in the industry. I have also learnt alot about myself through experimenting within briefs and going to different galleries and exhibitions, seeing different type of work.

The main skills that I have learnt are time management, collaboration, social skills, dealing with clients. All these have been put into practice through various briefs within the year. Mainly the ones which have been live briefs.

Going to visit exhibitions and galleries etc has introduced myself to knew people within the industry and also shown me work that others do to give me more inspiration for my own practice.

2. What approaches to methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I guess within the whole module there has been a lot of research involved, using different research methods I have been able to investigate into different areas of design which interest me and have an influence on what I want to do in future.

In my personal branding, I took a hands on approach to creating all the products, this is because it reflects my practice and it is something that I enjoy and I think I do it well and to a high standard. Within the branding I used vinyl, bookbinding and various stocks and formats to create an interesting product range that showcases what I do.

3. What strengths can you identify within your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I think the strength of this module is that it has been a great way for my collect and collate a lot of inspiration and influences throughout the year. Having this available in one place online, is a great way of being able to go back and look over it. Everything that has been done throughout this module has had an effect on my practice and radically changed it throughout the year. I think if this module didn't exist then I wouldn't be as clear about what I want to do and how I want to do it when I leave uni.

In terms of what i have learn through the module, my strengths have been learning about myself as an individual, this was evident through the Dialogue exhibition and it showed me thins about myself that I didn't realise. The fact that I am very determined and will take on any sized project and deliver on it, I am a good organiser and problem solver. I can talk to clients and on the phone pretty well. My talent lies in print and curation.

In my branding I think that the strengths within it is the consistency of the design throughout all the products. They carry the same aesthetical design and apply the branding in the same way through all products. The products which I have created are all relevant products to what I need within my branding and provide a practical sense to my branding. They are all straight to the point and showcases who I am and what I do.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will address these in the future?

I think in some cases I have been a little afraid of doing some things within the industry, I like to do what I know and stick to that. This is in terms of work, but at the time it runs into contacting studios and putting myself out into the industry, I'm not always the most confident person with my own work, but when I know its good and other have given me feedback that it is then I will be confident about it and show it off.

I think this has changed through the live briefs that I have taken on. In all three instances the client was happy with the work that was produced and that has given me more confidence to go and do it more in the future.

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

Interact with the industry more - visit more studios / exhibitions & galleries. Doing this will give me more experience within the industry.

Take effect of this module from the start of the year - I didn't really work that much on this module at the beginning of the year, but I feel if i had of done then I would of had a better understanding of what I wanted to do and using the year to develop and showcase that for when I finished.

Research more - Research more into the areas of design that interest me and look for more studios / designers that work within it, that could be contacted / help me develop my practice.


Attendance - 5
Punctuality - 5
Motivation - 5
Commitment - 5
Quantity of work produced - 5
Quality of work produced - 5
Contribution of the group - 5

No comments:

Post a Comment